From the Group Board downwards, Henry Boot PLC is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all our stakeholders.
In accordance with all current UK legislation we take all reasonable measures to secure the health and safety of all our employees, sub-contractors, supply chain partner, visitors and members of the public who may be affected by our various business activities.
After being around for over 130 years our many stakeholders can have confidence that Henry Boot PLC are fully aware of the many requirements to achieve a robust health and safety culture. We have a clear commitment across all our business operations to promote and develop a proactive safety culture across all our activities.
Our Group Health and Safety Department is responsible for advising and providing guidance to our businesses; additionally they undertake numerous safety audits to ensure compliance with Company procedures and statutory regulations.
We celebrate our good practice through internal and external safety awards, which ensures that we continue to challenge our performance and understanding. We also undertake regular system resilience testing to ensure compliance and to test our understanding in a virtual context.
Henry Boot PLC is under no illusions that it is a huge challenge to continue to ensure that health and safety our top priority in all our business activities.
How is this achieved?
- Tracking – how, why and what needs to be done to improve health and safety matters;
- Simplifying – ensuring the systems and processes remain resilient;
- Empowering our employees with freedom to voice concerns and act to champion their beliefs;
- Thinking – identify areas for continuous improvement;
- Thinking Minds – the most senior Executives at Henry Boot PLC take an active role in ensuring that needs are realised and delivered against to eliminate harm.
Henry Boot Construction's internal management system is certified by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance for BS OHSAS 18001, an internationally recognised assessment of our occupational health and safety procedures; additionally we maintained accreditations to ISO9001 (Quality Management) and ISO14001 (Environmental Management).