HENRY BOOT PLC - COVID 19 UPDATE
With the current situation evolving so quickly we wanted to provide all our stakeholders with a Group update on our response to the Coronavirus.
We have responded by:
- In February we formed a Coronavirus Committee with representatives from across the Group which works on, amongst other things, a dynamic preparedness plan
- Monitoring the daily advice issued by the UK Government and acting when necessary
- Providing regular health advice to employees in line with Government guidance
- Implementing a specific Coronavirus action plan to mitigate the risk of the virus
- Minimising office working by encouraging and providing employees with the necessary IT devices to continue their work from home.
- Implementing enhanced preventative hygiene controls
Our construction sites and plant hire depots will remain open and our business will continue to operate. Our offices at Banner Cross Hall and Dronfield also remains open but with a skeleton Senior Management Team and other team members in place. However, due to our response of encouraging remote working we have closed Hallam Land Management and HBD’s regional offices, a practice they are already well-versed in.
We have taken some comfort that we are still operating our business and are aim is to continue this. But as recent times have proved, this could change very quickly, so we will keep open our communication channels in the event this changes.
Finally, like the other challenges we have faced in our 130-year history, we will continue to be vigilant. We are a conservatively run business with a strong balance sheet and a strong track record of supporting our staff, customers, and other stakeholders, including the communities we work in.
For further information, please contact:
Henry Boot PLC
Tim Roberts, Chief Executive Officer
Darren Littlewood, Group Finance Director
Daniel Boot, Group Communications & Brand Coordinator
Tel: 0114 255 5444